In today’s digital world WordPress is the most popular and user-friendly Content Management System (CMS). Through WordPress, we can do a lot of customizations on your website or blog. The most interesting feature of WordPress is its huge plugin library. Plugins are the set of external coding which when incorporated within a WordPress environment it can add many additional functionalities that cannot be done without those plugins.
In this blog, we will discuss 10 such unforgettable WordPress plugins.
Yoast: This is the most popular WordPress SEO plugin which makes your website/blog SEO ready with full SEO friendly customizations like adding the title, meta description, meta keyword, adding XML sitemap, Google Analytics and search console code, etc. You can customize your blog posts URL through this plugin easily.
The rating of this plug-in is 98% with over 5 million installs.
There is another substitute for the Yoast plugin that is “all in one SEO” plugin which does almost the same function.
2. Jetpack: It is another popular WordPress plugin developed by “Automattic”. It is a multipurpose plugin used for marketing, security, design, etc. The current version of this plugin is 8.9.1. The rating of this plugin is 78% with for than 5million installs. The following are some functionality of this plugin.
- Automated social media posting
- Multiple WordPress themes
- Spam filtering
- Malware Scanning
- Login security
3. Akismet Anti-Spam: This is a spam preventive plugin for WordPress. This plugin was developed by “Auttomatic”. This plugin prevents spam comments to appear in your posts. This plugin also prevents malicious content to be published. It also prevents spammy contact form fill up.
This plugin has a 94% rating and more than 5 million installs.
4. Contact form 7: If your website is informative and you are looking for a lead generation form you can go for the “contact form 7” plugin. Almost every WordPress website and blogs use this plugin. This plugin can manage more than one contact form on a single website. It gives auto captcha challenges during submitting a form to prevent spam.
5. WooCommerce: This is the widely used e-commerce plugin of WordPress. It ads e-commerce features to your WordPress website. This plugin has many different inbuilt e-commerce features. As it is a very popular plugin many developer’s communities working on this for more extra features and extensions. The following are some features of woo-commerce.
- Seamless WordPress Integration
- Open Source Platform
- Inbuild payment process
- Large library of extension
6. Elementor Website Builder: Every website/ blog may required customized additional pages or landing pages for different marketing and analytical purpose like running Google ad campaigns, email marketing campaigns, etc. “Elementor Website Builder” is a wp plugin that can create a customized landing page independent of your WordPress theme. This gives users a customized designing interface through which you can create your own design.
The author of this plugin is elementor.com. It has a 96% star rating and more than 5 million installs.
7. Wp Forms: Every website needs a contact form. Wp Forms is a WordPress plugin to create contact forms in a simple drag and drop fashion. Besides the contact form, you can create an email subscription form, survey form, etc.
Every 3 million WordPress websites use this plugin. It 4.9 rating out of 5 for the last 3 years. Formidable Form is a very good alternate plugin of this.
8. Monster Insights: This is a very good Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. Through this plugin, we can not only install the Google Analytics code but also display the necessary stats on your WordPress dashboard.
9. Constant Contact: Email is a very handy way to communicate with your new and existing customers. For every business, they must have their own email list for further email marketing campaigns.
“Constant Contact” is one of the most popular email marketing plugins for WordPress. It not only stores your customers’ email Ids on a database but also helps in email marketing by creating different professional-looking email templates and send them to customers.
10. Updraft Plus: One of the biggest limitations of WordPress is that it doesn’t have any backup option. Every website must have a backup option. “Updraft Plus” is a backup plugin of WordPress. It helps you to set up automatic backup and store them on remote locations like Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP, email, and more.
How to Install WordPress Plugins?
- Install a WordPress plugin very simple.
- Login to your WordPress backend
- Click on the plugin on the left panel
- Search with the plugin name/purpose
- Activate the desired plugin